Sunday, August 8, 2010

The breakfast life...


Every once in a while, while I am at work cooking breakfast (which is my current job) I think to myself, how can I change the breakfast game? It is often the same at virtually any place you go and rarely does something jump out to me that makes me say "WOW! NOW THAT'S DIFFERENT!" So, while doing a homework assignment i stumbled upon this recipe, which has inspired me to add something similar to my breakfast menu. This is the croissant french toast with fresh berries by Charlie Palmer. It is basically a sweet flaky croissant dipped and cooked just like french toast, but wih the addition of fresh berries tossed in sugar and berry puree inside the two layers. I have never thought of such a breakfast item! I use croissants every day and I make french toast, but for some reason I never thought of marrying the two dishes into something truly different than the traditional french toast. This dish is not only beautiful as can be seen in the picture, but it is also absolutly delicious to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment